Adobe AIR mobile apps showcase: Backache App
Built with Starling and Feathers. Social sharing via Milkman Games GoViral ANE and several Distriqt ANE’s including Notification, Dialog and MediaPlayer. All video was shot with an iPhone 5 due to its superior quality when compared to several HD camcorders which were tested.
That includes the promo video seen on the website backacheapp.com.
Do you get backache sitting in a chair all day?
Prolonged sitting can be extremely dangerous for you and can lead to chronic, painful and immobilising back injury.
Incorporating 2 minute micro breaks into your day will help to keep your back healthy.
Experts recommend taking micro breaks regularly, mobilising the muscles and joints that would otherwise remain static, with 2 minutes of exercise for every 20 minutes of sitting.
As you concentrate on your work however, it’s very difficult to remember to take micro breaks. And even when you do remember, knowing which exercises to perform isn’t very obvious.
If you sit in a chair all day you need a survival strategy.
This is where Backache app can help.
• Backache app will send you regular notifications when to take a micro break throughout the day.
• Simply follow the physiotherapist as he shows you which exercises to perform.
• The micro breaks can be taken at or away from your desk.
• Set up your own schedule to suit your work pattern.
• Backache app includes exercises that target all areas of the body prone to stiffness and injury from prolonged sitting including back, neck, legs, chest, feet, arms and hands.
Take proactive action and protect your back from injury due to prolonged sitting.
Major new components and features include:
VideoPlayer: A media player with customizable UI for video textures.
SoundPlayer: A media player with customizable UI for audio.
FlowLayout: A layout that displays items from left to right, creating multiple rows when the maximum width is reached.
WaterfallLayout: A layout that displays items in columns of equal width.
Iris: A transition for
StackScreenNavigatorthat shows or hides a screen by resizing a circular mask.
Wipe: A transition for
StackScreenNavigatorthat resizes a clipping rectangle up, down, to the left, or to the right to “wipe” a screen away.
MinimalDesktopTheme: Updated to use high resolution textures for Mac Retina displays. Downloadable FLA files are now available for these three desktop themes, so that you can modify them in Flash CC and export a new texture atlas.
- Feathers UI 2.2.0 also includes many other new enhancements and bug fixes. For complete details, please take a look at the release notes.
This version of Feathers UI has the following requirements:
- Adobe AIR 18.0 or newer for mobile apps
- Adobe AIR 3.5 or newer for desktop apps
- Adobe Flash Player 11.5 or newer for web browser apps
- Starling Framework 1.7
Stage3D lab: Away3D interactive globe (Flex 4.6, FDT 5)
“Stage3D features wrapped up in the brilliant Away3D 4, including dynamic lighting, bump mapping and a cube map. The example demonstrates pulling in some lat and long coords for a couple of countries and translating those coords into the 3d space and sticking an interactive 3D marker over the country. You can also spin the globe around using the mouse."
Complete project file with sources included.
Esquimo 1.3 released
“The new 1.3 version is based on Molehill and at last, supports GPU acceleration. Molehill API was introduced with the Flash Player 11 which is required to play SWFs created with Esquimo 1.3. GPU rendering allows to raise the bar in terms of performance. Thanks of that Esquimo is capable of displaying way more complex scenes, high quality textures including alpha channel and more realistic lighting.”
Adobe AIR cross-platform apps: Polarbear App
Polarbear lets you post messages to multiple social networks and blogs at once!
Supported services: Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn, Webhooks and App.net
- Share menu integration - Easily share links and text from the browser and other apps to Polarbear.
- Fast startup time and instant writing
- Supports posting in Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Greek
- Set text direction (left to right / right to left)
- Switch between HD and SD mode
- Supports landscape and portrait mode
- Character counter for Twitter and App.net
- Go beyond 140 characters on Twitter! Twitter posts longer than 140 characters will automatically split into multiple tweets
- Go beyond 256 characters on App.net! App.net posts longer than 256 characters will automatically split into multiple status updates
- Polarbear uses the industry standard OAuth for secure authorization
- No password, username, email or account setup required
- Your messages will only get proceed and are never stored